Sunday, March 6, 2016

Taking a pause

It’s time for me to say goodbye to reviews, at least for the foreseeable future. As I mentioned in a previous post, early last year I accepted a challenging new job that has left little time for listening to music, never mind writing about it. The stack of CDs that I’ve not yet heard, or heard only once, is daunting. 

Before I stop down for good, I’m going to do a series of posts around the theme of “My Favorite Things”, the labels and recordings that I’ve really gravitated to over the past few months, and for whose existence I’m grateful. Hopefully this will help bring a little more attention to deserving artists and the labels which support them, and help ease my guilt about all those CDs that never got written about.

To the label owners, PR professionals, and artists, thanks for your passion, and for your friendship that has developed online as a result of this blog. You can stop sending me CDs now, but know I’ll continue to support you as I always have by purchasing your recordings and following you on social media.

2 comments:

  1. That was sad to hear, since I have read so many important reviews on your site. You also made a very nice review of GuitCussion´s Blue Congo, and we now a new CD out called Exit Wonderland that we hoped that you wanted to hear. Hope you will be back soon.
    Stefan, GuitCussion, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Stefan! Good luck with your new CD.

    ReplyDelete